When you volunteer you are voluntarily choosing to work for another person or organization without pay or other compensation. Organizations and individuals throughout Canada rely on volunteers to provide direct and in-direct serivces to their communities.
There are a million different ways to volunteer. You or someone you know may already volunteer without having recognized it.
Volunteers help out at:
- Community sports leagues like hockey and soccer
- Arts and cultural festivals such as TIFF and The Fringe Festival
- At hospitals visiting patients and assisting in wards
- In soup kitchens and food banks serving their neighbours
- At community centres like the 519 or Scadding Court
- and a thousand other places right next door...
To learn more about the basics of volunteering, how to get started and what to expect when you've found a position you're interested in, click on one of the links in the right hand menu.